Solar Panels where do you start

Options
We are very interested in installing solar panels to create and hopefully sell back electricity generated (not as a money making scheme - mainly to save on ever increasing bills). We have a huge south facing roof, which I am sure will take a lot of solar panels. As I said where do we start finding associated costs etc., suitable installers etc.

Comments

• gaz_jones
    gaz_jones Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    Give Schuco a call on +44 (0)1908 282111. They will be able to give you free advice and tell you where to start.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 2 December 2009 at 8:44PM
    Options
    You'll want an MCS (http://www.microgenerationcertification.org/ ) qualified installer. Phone around get quote's, Then do research into each companyand the products they use.

Most likely MCS qualified installs will be required for FITs(Feed in traffis to be introduced in April 2010) and is a requirement of the £2500 grant you can get. MCS also gives you a set of guarantees the installers have to give realistic production qoutas, up to spec ect.

Try and get the install done before the 1st of April as when FITs is introduced they are going to get rid of the £2500 grant. So now a golden opportunity to get the grant and the better Rates for your eleci. It quite a complicated area feel free to ask any more questions, I've spent the last three mounths doing reaseach into micro generation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure