PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

new jeans + wet weather = stained boots :(

Options
I was sooooooooooooo pleased with my new navy jeans.

Got caught in the rain and now my brown leather boots have navy jean juice all over them :rolleyes:

The boots weren't cheap, and they aren't available anymore. Anyone got any ideas how to restore my lovely boots? :o
:A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)

Comments

• Apricot
    Apricot Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    Try some leather cleaning wipes. If the cleaning wipes don't work you could try saturating a white sock in cheap vodka (such a waste though!) & gently patting (not rubbing) at the stain. This worked when I got biro on a cream leather sofa - so hopefully will work for you.

Don't use any household cleaning products as this will almost certainly damage the leather & don't use anything abrasive as this will damage the grain.
    :happylove DD July 2011:happylove

Aug 13 [STRIKE]£4235.19[/STRIKE]:eek: £2550.00 :cool:
  • Paulie'sGirl
    Options
    I hate to say it, but if princess leah's idea doesn't work, you may have to dye them.

I had a similar thing happen to my cream suede shoes. I dyed them black. You can buy the kits quite easily in Boyes up here, and I imagine on the internet everywhere?

Just as a last resort, its worth knowing you can possibly save them in some form

PGxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport