Music Magpie is it any good?

Options
Thinking of using this to sell some dvd's which we have been trying to sell on play for a while. Anyone used it, is it easy, hassle free or a nice idea in theory but rubbish in practice? Let me know your thoughts if you have used it in the past cheers

Comments

• anoraktoysuk
    Options
    I've thought about using them but the prices they offer are generally pretty poor (30p for a DVD is about average in my experience). :undecided
    :beer: First ever comp win. Sony Laptop.
    Freebies M&S £10 voucher, digital desk clock, photopaper......................so far :T
  • RoxyK
    RoxyK Posts: 2,245 Forumite
    Options
    I've used it a couple of times recently and found it very good. Cheque comes in a couple of weeks. If you have rarer CDs you will get more than 30p. You could sign up anyway and start a list and see how it goes. You can add to your list as it will keep for 10 days.
    16 x Sanyo HIT 240w panels, 3.84kWp, south facing, 30 degree slope in the SW, 4.4 Eltek HE-t inverter installed 27/03/12 :D
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think they are pretty good. Yes, the prices are low, but what do you expect from a service which is taking the hassle out of selling for you? All the stuff I have sold to them has either been sitting on Amazon not selling or would not have fetched much more elsewhere (taking into account ebay/Amazon fees etc). Just make sure you check the prices on Amazon first incase you unknowingly have something rare.
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    I've used them twice, making c£80 for 150 ish CDs each time. Sure, it's not much but I couldn't be bothered to eBay them. This was so much easier. One cheque got lost in the post (turned up two months later) but they sent another out very promptly when I asked.
  • Tail_Feather
    Options
    You could maybe try the CeX website for DVDs, they usually offer a bit more than MM. Although saying that, you have to fork out for your own P&P on CeX, which can be costly if you're sending off a few at once.
  • Littlegreelady
    Options
    I used them a few weeks ago and they were fab. I listed the CDs on Play.com and Amazon but didn't get any interest for them at all whereas all the hassle was taken out for me by music magpie. The only hassle was finding enough jiffy bags to send everything away in! I could have probably got more money for them but to be honest, this was easier and more efficient and therefore worth it.
    [STRIKE]Halifax =£35
    American Express=£70
    [/STRIKE]
    HSBC=£15,000 - now £12,000
    Cahoot=£6500 - now £5200
    Mint = £4950 - now £4099
    DFD December 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing