spread betting tax

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Cutting Tax
1 reply 618 views
qwertyjjjqwertyjjj Forumite
150 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Cutting Tax
I am a financial spread bettor. This is tax free in the UK. However, I am thinking about moving to Spain in the future. I understand that if I am non resident in the UK (out of UK for more than 183 days per year) then I may be subject to tax in Spain.
Would this be capital gains tax? What are the rates in Spain?
Could living in Spain but not working there count as immediate residency?


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals