£5 Compost bin - For Belfast Council Residents or Carrickfergus residents

Options
Al64
Al64 Posts: 36 Forumite
First Anniversary
May be of interest to folk in belfast... or Carrickfergus..

http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/rubbishWasteRecycling/index.asp

Turn your kitchen and garden waste into useful compost. Buy a compost bin with a kitchen caddie and user guide for £5 and we'll deliver it to your home free of charge.
Please send a cheque or postal order, made payable to Belfast City Council, for £5 to:

Home Compost Offer
Belfast City Council
Waste Management Service
4 - 10 Linenhall Street
Belfast
BT2 8BP

This offer is only available to residents of the Belfast City Council electoral area.

Carrickfergus Borough Council sells Composting Bins for £5 each, for further information contact our Sullatober Depot on 93351192.

http://www.carrickfergus.gov.uk/template1.asp?parent=95&parent2=95&pid=104&area=1

Comments

• elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I ordered one from Belfast City Council and it was delivered in about a week. I am now in the process of filling it and am an avid follower of good suggestions of things to put in it on the Green and ethical savings board!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    We got ours free from the local council in Lancashire.

Doesn't your local government do any schemes to get them free.
    Please Thank Me

Thank You
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our local council (Ballymena) gives them out for free. All you have to do is supply your name and address. I collected mine so I have no idea if they deliver or not.

HTH
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    We didn't have to pay delivery on ours.
    Please Thank Me

Thank You
  • declanh
    declanh Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    anyone know how big these are (in physical dimensions or capacity) - are they bigger or smaller than a standard black wheelie bin
    I used to have a signature with links to the League Tables for good/bad shipping charges for Northern Ireland. But I have since learnt that this is against site rules - so they are no longer here! PM me if you need them
  • arkonite_babe
    arkonite_babe Posts: 7,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They are smaller than a wheelie bin. Mine is the Blackwall model it's approx 4ft high and approx 3ft wide across the base. No idea about capacity, but I'd guess at around the 3ooL mark.

HTH
  • leftieM
    leftieM Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We got one that has no 'door' at the bottom to allow removal of the compost. We have to lift the whole bin up. We got it a couple of years ago. Were we just unlucky?
    Stercus accidit
  • cam8
    cam8 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Down Council charge £10 for a compost bin, but Castlereagh Charge £5. I've ordered 2 from Castlereagh being delivered to my mothers address.
  • TrishaM
    TrishaM Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got one free from Antrim borough Council. They aren't giving out browns, so offered a composter foc and free del.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure