We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Debate House Prices


In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nice people thread

1…121122124126127…245

Comments

  • bertiebots
    bertiebots Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    521094030_8481077a06.jpg
    JAN GC- £155.77 out of £200:D FEB GC £197.31 out of £180:o. MARCH GC - out of £200
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,718 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    bertiebots wrote: »
    And back to the teen (actually I was 11)crushes....duran_duran_4.jpg

    John Taylor was my fav ..top right for anyone who doesnt know:o:rotfl:

    Mine too! My bedroom wall was plastered with these little pictures cut out from Smash Hits.

    Then I went onto Culture Club and finally Iron Maiden.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    OK, I'll own up to fancying: David Cassidy, Marc Bolan, Donny Osmond and Suggs from Madness.
  • carolt
    carolt Posts: 8,531 Forumite
    Such a shame I had to go to bed - I'm still wiping away the tears of mirth...:rotfl:

    I loved the red hand gang or whatever they were called.
    And I too had my bedroom walls plastered with pics from Smash Hits. And No 1 magazine - anyone remember that.
    And I too fancied (well, still do actually) Marc Bolan.

    Donny Osmond though PN!!!! :eek:

    Whatever were you thinking of.

    Makes Worzel Gummidge look positively attractive... :D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 February 2010 at 10:25AM
    I don't think I had any serious teenage crushes on celebrities. :( I feel I really missed out on something: a rite of passage. I quite liked someone in star trek, which was on in the break between school and prep I think...or prep and supper? anyway....thats odder than Donny osmand (although he reminds me of a currant bun)
  • carolt
    carolt Posts: 8,531 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2010 at 10:35AM
    Not odder at all.

    I think Captain Kirk is hot stuff (at least in the days before he needed the corset).

    My OH bought a possibly slightly ill-advised yellow polo-neck the other week, and looked rather sexily like the said Captain.

    Surely the point of Star Trek was to fancy one of the actors - why put the girls in such short skirts otherwise?:question:

    Obviously, these days the point is to admire their imaginative use of prosthetics - that's why I never watch it any more. :)


    Edit:

    What's with the currant bun reference? Just spotted it...?
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    carolt wrote: »

    Edit:

    What's with the currant bun reference? Just spotted it...?


    I just think Donny O looks like one. Little currant bun eyes and a smile like a fold in a doughy face. I realise in type that looks harsh, its not meant to be....:o
  • carolt
    carolt Posts: 8,531 Forumite
    It's ok - shouldn't think he posts on here... ;)
  • carolt
    carolt Posts: 8,531 Forumite
    carolt wrote: »
    Such a shame I had to go to bed - I'm still wiping away the tears of mirth...:rotfl:

    I loved the red hand gang or whatever they were called.
    And I too had my bedroom walls plastered with pics from Smash Hits. And No 1 magazine - anyone remember that.
    And I too fancied (well, still do actually) Marc Bolan.

    Donny Osmond though PN!!!! :eek:

    Whatever were you thinking of.

    Makes Worzel Gummidge look positively attractive... :D

    Oh dear - realised I've broken another of my own rules - not to diss others' teenage crushes. :o

    Sorry, PN. :o
  • Pobby
    Pobby Posts: 5,438 Forumite
    Ronettes_1962.JPG

    We`ve heard it from the ladies but us blokes had a glad for some of the ladies at the time. My mate Clive and myself were rather partial to this little group of hunnies!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.