Payment in Euros

Options
I need to make a payment in Euros. It is only for 15 euro. how do i do this ? can i write a cheque ? I only have a northern bank cheque book.would be grateful for any advise.

Comments

• jnd
    jnd Posts: 453 Forumite
    Options
    Can you not pay via Credit / Debit card? If it has to be a cheque, your own bank will be able to write you a Euro cheque for the amount, albeit with a charge.
  • bingo_bango
    bingo_bango Posts: 2,594 Forumite
    Options
    Not quite a moneysaver, but you can pay in € using Paypal UK. When paying, you select the currency you want to pay in. PP then automatically exchanges from Sterling (it takes the amount from your card/account in Sterling).

Alternatively, you could just exchange some Stg -> € and post it recorded delivery?
  • rjh090384
    rjh090384 Posts: 2,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    you can go to your bank and ask them to write you a foreign currency draft fro the amount which will be like aeuro cheque. though i think they charge for this.
    love you lots like jelly tots :o
  • furrychimp
    furrychimp Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    you won't be able to write a cheque for 15 Euro directly from your Northern account, as presumably this is in sterling, therefore the cheques are sterling cheques. the banks charge an extortionate amount for a foreign bank draft (£15 from my recollection, but i haven't worked in a bank for a few years now:eek: ), but if you know someone with a student account (friend/son or daughter/kid sister or brother etc!)they may get this free with their student or graduate package, so that might be an option...the money generally has to go into an account and be debited to pay for the draft, (leaves a paper trail & cuts down on fraud or something)....if you live near the border or know anyone that does, another option might be to pay the money directly to the other person's bank account??
  • belfastgal
    belfastgal Posts: 594 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for your replies , i just used my visa card as there was a facility on the form for payment by visa.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure