we will rock you edinburgh

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
6 replies 2.7K views
debtfreeatlonglastdebtfreeatlonglast Forumite
107 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
hi, does anyone know of any codes/vouchers/deals or any cheap websites i could use to buy tickets for the queen musical we will rock you currently on in edinburgh??... ideally would like to go to the matinee on wed 23rd dec and make the most of our last day of freedom before the kids break up from school lol... wee bar lunch, a few drinks, good music....who says christmas is just for kids heehee ;)... thanks in advance for any help and tips

Replies

• alison74alison74 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    No bargains without the kids as far as I know, but you can buy adult ticket and get up to 2 kids in for half price for mid week shows which is a good deal.
  • kaylkayl Forumite
    474 Posts
    We are going on the 28th, and got a good deal through our Royal Bank Royalties account - it worked out effectively 1 ticket of the 4 free
  • buybeebuybee Forumite
    126 Posts
    sorry not got any codes but went on monday night and had a great night. Best show ever!! Have a great day!!
    :p
  • I've searched high and low for codes for this but no luck! Ended up getting reasonably good tickets for the 16th, can't wait!
  • edited 12 December 2009 at 3:22PM
    maggiesoupmaggiesoup Forumite
    676 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    edited 12 December 2009 at 3:22PM
    hi, does anyone know of any codes/vouchers/deals or any cheap websites i could use to buy tickets for the queen musical we will rock you currently on in edinburgh??... ideally would like to go to the matinee on wed 23rd dec and make the most of our last day of freedom before the kids break up from school lol... wee bar lunch, a few drinks, good music....who says christmas is just for kids heehee ;)... thanks in advance for any help and tips

Would recommend Cafe Royal at the back of Princes Street (10 mins walk from Playhouse) for your pub lunch. It's an iconic Edinburgh bar and I think it does food too. Did you get your tickets for the show? We went to see We Will Rock You last night, the music is fantastic, as is stage set, dancers etc. but the storyline is embarrassingly naff (I think Ben Elton responsible?) and Curly Watts from Corrie as "pop" is cringe worthy! That aside, if its the music you love, then go. By the way, go somewhere else for a drink before you go in..... last night 4 small glasses of wine (not even from a proper bottle, but these daft wee bottles you get on an aeroplane) cost us £18!!!
  • hi, thanks for all your comments, not got the tickets yet... keep searching for codes /discounts etc but no luck lol so gonna bite the bullet and buy them anyway later today as i have been wanting to go and see it for such a long time and i know i will kick myself if i end up not seeing it!!...was in toronto a few years ago and it was on over there, tickets were way cheaper and there was a ticket booth in city centre selling half price same day tickets... unfortunately i was there with my ex who wouldnt go and see it so missed out seeing it then so cant let this opportunity pass too lol..as regards the drink issue, i know !!...prices at theatre at scandulous, was at festival theatre with my boyfriend and he decided to get a brandy... it was well over £6!!..he was in a state of shock !!... there is also a pub opposite the playhouse on the corner called (i think )doyles that sells wine for £6 a bottle so i think our plan is to go there , grab a window seat and watch the world go by for a couple of hours before the show, am really looking forward to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals