claiming back tax

Options
Hi everyone just looking for some advice on claiming tax back for the 08/09 tax year.

I was employed by the HM forces up until January 5th of this year, can i claim tax back from this date to April 5th???

Although i was officially employed up until this date i started new employment on November 5th 2008.

My new job was, and still is as a contractor working in germany where i been paying german tax since that date. german tax year runs from jan/dec and i been told i can claim tax back from th german government because i was in the country for less than 183 days.(a few contractors have already claimed this back)

Just wondering what is the process i go through and will there be a problem due to me starting another emplyment before my previous one had finished?

be grateful of any advice.......................

Comments

• fengirl_2
    fengirl_2 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Options
    The answer all depends on your residence status. When did you leave the UK, when are you expecting to return and how many days have you/do you expect to be in the UK during that time?
    £705,000 raised by client groups in the past 18 mths :beer:
  • madtaff
    Options
    left the uk on nov 5th 2008 and filled out some form which was sent to the tax office(cant remember the name of the form now).

ive been living in germany since then, have probably spent around 50 days in the uk since then.

hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport