Employment Tribunal

Options
Can somebody tell me how long after I leave a company can I take them to an employment tribunal?

I worked there for 4 year's.

Comments

• iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Options
    You have to lodge your claim within 3 calendar months of the event you are complaining about. They are very strict about that.
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • dawn1974
    Options
    Really, I thought you could put in a claim up to 3 year's after you have left the company!
  • iamana1ias
    Options
    dlm wrote: »
    Really, I thought you could put in a claim up to 3 year's after you have left the company!

Nope, definitely 3 months. Don't think it's ever been anywhere near 3 years!

"How soon must I make my claim to an Employment Tribunal?
    Most claims to Employment Tribunals must be made within very strict time limits. In most cases the tribunal must receive your claim within three months. In dismissal cases the three month period begins from the date your employment ended: in discrimination cases or complaints relating to non-payment of wages or holiday pay the three month period begins when the matter you are complaining about happened. There are special rules for equal pay and redundancy payment claims.
    For example
    If it happened on 1 March, the tribunal must receive your claim on or before 31 May.
    If it happened on 5 March, the tribunal must receive your claim on or before 4 June.
    If your claim is about discrimination or failing to pay you wages or holiday pay or a redundancy payment, or about equal pay, or suffering a detriment in the workplace for a protected reason and the old Rules apply to your claim, in certain circumstances, for example, when you write to your employer within the original time limit raising a grievance, these limits will be extended by three months, meaning that the total time you have to claim is increased to six months."

From http://www.employmenttribunals.gov.uk/index.htm
  • dawn1974
    Options
    Oh well, that's the end of that then.
  • iamana1ias
    Options
    You're welcome :rolleyes: