Soft drinks and water bottles for wedding

Hi,

Does anyone know of any website where i can order a bulk of fizzy drinks/water bottles for a wedding function. Want to order quite a few large 1.5 or 2L bottles. Have checked out the main retailer websites, but prices are quite high, and was wondering if anyone knew of any sites where i could order cheap bundles etc.

Thanks.

Comments

• kiddy_guy
    kiddy_guy Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Why noy go into the main supermarkets anid buy on BOGOF. Sainos and Morros both have deals on at the mo.
  • Do you or anyone you know have a Costco/Macro card? The prices are very reasonable for soft drinks
    With Love From The Mistress xx :p

£2 savings club = £60 :T
    Smarties savings = £ 40.00 :T
    Both started February 2006
  • bigup
    bigup Posts: 358 Forumite
    Didnt think about Costco or macro will give them a try if i can find someone. Had a look at Bookers, but their prices are same as supermarkets.

I did see sainsburys have some deals, but its just the hassle of filling up 50 trolleys with bottles lol. Thanks anyway guys :)
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you go to the customers service at your local Sainsburys or whichever supermarket you use, they can arrange for you to collect a bulk order without having to fill a trolley, I've done it when I wanted a large number of French sticks for a function. They might even do a special deal if you ask.
  • mm66
    mm66 Posts: 550 Forumite
    bigup wrote:
    Didnt think about Costco or macro will give them a try if i can find someone. Had a look at Bookers, but their prices are same as supermarkets.

I did see sainsburys have some deals, but its just the hassle of filling up 50 trolleys with bottles lol. Thanks anyway guys :)

Unfortunately the costco etc are nearly same price as super markets. the supermarkets are cheaper when they have bogo deals. sainsburys will deliver if you order online saving you the hassle of carrying etc
  • jockettuk
    jockettuk Posts: 5,809 Forumite
    Aldis lemonade and cola is 25p and its not bad.. they also do water which if i remember is cheaper to .. check out www.aldi.co.uk for prices.. mabey a couple of trips depending on when the wedding is..
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Still loved, still missed and very dear
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
    Are thinking of you today.
  • troll35
    troll35 Posts: 712 Forumite
    You may find that the big supermarkets may offer sale or return if you speak to them nicely. We've done it before with Morrisons when our local Lions Club has had a function. They also gave us free glass hire.
    I like to live in cloud cuckoo land :hello:
  • bigup
    bigup Posts: 358 Forumite
    Checked out all the supermarkets today in my local area (morrisons, sains and Tesco) and got friend to see what Macro were offering. Also previously checked Bookers. Sainsburys have the best deal going on drinks Buy 1 get one free 2litre bottles. So went in and asked if they had packed bundles or if they could deliver it, but they couldnt do either, also checked their website to see if they have the offer, but no luck. So had to go back in and buy 200 open bottles (looked a right plonker lol, but had a bit of a laugh with some folk.....needed something to water the plants with due to water shortage)..... A hassle but got there in the end.

Many thanks for your help chaps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport