B&Q, Sprucefield

I noticed today that the big B&Q at Sprucefield was closed, with customers being advised to go to either Craigavon or Boucher Road branches. Does anybody know why it is closed...and if it's going to open again (and if there's going to be a sale)?

Thanks.

Comments

• NDK49
    NDK49 Posts: 177 Forumite
    It was firebombed a few weeks ago.
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well that's just lovely (sarcastic!!). Sickens me how these things happen over here, it is so pointless and meaningless.
  • NDK49
    Especially when it is such a new complex. I don't think the new park is doing that well so far but I could be wrong as I'm not from that area.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I think B&Q might have been doing ok but on the few occasions I've been in Sainsbury's it's been quite empty.
    I hope John Lewis opens up there as that might help but I understand the retailers from Lisburn city centre being concerned about the numerous small stores which are supposed to be included in the development. The planners really need to take a good look at Lisburn. They allowed the ridiculous Lisburn Square to be built what looks to be the wrong way round so that the units in it have new tenants every few months because business is so bad.
    Anyway I'm hoping B&Q have a fire damage sale and open up again as soon as possible.
  • NDK49
    Is John Lewis definitely coming to Lisburn? I heard rumours John Lewis and H&M might be coming to Craigavon.
  • Is John Lewis definitely coming to Lisburn? I heard rumours John Lewis and H&M might be coming to Craigavon.

John Lewis have said that if they aren't allowed to go to sprucefield that they will go down south instead. This might just be a big bluff but i doubt it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure