PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help Turkey recipe's please

Options
Hi there,
Just wondered if anyone could help. Don't laugh but my mother-in-law has bought us a turkey as our anniversary present tomorrow. I know it's june and we are either 6 months early or 6 months late. Anyway i only usually cook turkey at christmas (when lots of relatives visit and it gets eaten fairly quickly ). It is quite big and just wondered if anyone had any good recipe's so that we can use it up. Also just wondered if it would be ok to freeze once it is cooked and whether to freeze it in gravy or what is the best way to do this.Advice please. Thanks in advance.
When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D

Comments

• Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    How about jointing it into portions and use it in place of chicken in recipes? I often buy reduced turkeys after Christmas and Easter and joint them for the freezer.
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    look at www.britishturkey.co.uk/recipes hope that helps
  • hattie_pea
    hattie_pea Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    usually freeze cooked turkey meat and use in replacement of chicken. How about you take the legs/wings/thighs off and freeze them separately and roast the crown on its own. Make the bones inot stock
    Proud to be dealing with my debts!;)
  • emilyt
    emilyt Posts: 2,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Great ideas. At least if i freeze some of it my family won't me nagging at me. The recipe page is brilliant. Thanks Twink.
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure