PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Finding A Local Veg Supplier?

Options
I decided recently after watching a few documentaries, that we should start buying more local produce.

I've been trying to find a local green grocer/farm shop that sell produce that was grown in the area.

Now I have to admin this has been really hard. In our local village there is a very small green grocers, but they don't have a very good stock, most of it is taken up by pet supplies and flowers.

Our nearest supermarket, is 5 miles away which is Waitrose (and I refuse to spend that sort of money), and tescos and sainsburys are 10 and 12 miles away.

So I would really like to know if anyone knows of any farm shops, or local produce supplier, in the Wallingford area of Oxfordshire.

I know many organic companies delivery, but I'm not too fussed about the organicness of the produce, and if I can collect it myself, even better. Plus I don't want to by veg by the box and have things I don't like in it.

We've spent the last few weeks driving to the local towns to see if we can find one, and it hasn't been very sucessful.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

(Besides that I've started growing some - but I've got a tiny garden so lettuce is a bit hard to find space for!)

Thanks for your help

Laura

Comments

• millsc_2
    millsc_2 Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    One alternative is finding a local organic vegetable box scheme which will deliver to you. A good resourse for this is :
    www.bigbarn.co.uk

These list various local suppliers adn box schemes. There are a few other sites like this, or do a search for Vegetable box schemes in your area on google. Some of these aslo do local meat & other home supplies which make them even more useful

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport