Homeform Group

Options
Does anyone have any experience of applying for work with the Homeform Group (Sharps Bedrooms, Kitchen Direct, Dolphin bathrooms) or actually working for them?

Comments

• nottslass_2
    nottslass_2 Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    tiggrrr wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of applying for work with the Homeform Group (Sharps Bedrooms, Kitchen Direct, Dolphin bathrooms) or actually working for them?

What role were you thinking of applying for ?
  • tiggrrr
    tiggrrr Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    The job is advertised as a 'Design Consultant'. Nationwide.
  • nottslass_2
    Options
    A Salesman then !

I was a showroom manager for them for 4 years - my job was to Book "designer" appointments for the Design consultants.

They were OK to work for - but like every Job in sales its survival of the fittest - Moben,Dolphin & Sharpes are good quality products and at least 1/3 of leads will lead to a sale.

At January Sale time theres the opportunity to make alot of commission - but I did find that the best leads went to the designers who'd been with the company the longest.

If you have nothing to loose or an experienced sales person I'd say go for it,but if you don't make the grade you'll find yourself "surplus to requirements"

Good Luck.
  • tiggrrr
    tiggrrr Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I would have thougth that the 'Consultants' would have their own areas to work in, avoiding a situation where salesmen are competing against each other.
  • nottslass_2
    nottslass_2 Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    tiggrrr wrote: »
    I would have thougth that the 'Consultants' would have their own areas to work in, avoiding a situation where salesmen are competing against each other.

They didn't when i worked for them - the areas were quite large and there were quite a few designers working from each sales office.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure