need help please

Options
Hope someone can help me, currently working in the nhs and just been rebanded from a band two to a band three,(agenda for change) payrole have recieved letter to inform them of this and when i spoke to them was informed that i am in a que and number 200, which when i worked it out will take seven months before i even start to get paid a band three let alone five years worth of back pay. Dont mind waiting for the backpay but thought they had to change our current pay scale as soon as they recieve confirmation, also going on maternity leave soon and i asked if my maternity pay would be worked out on my band three, only again to be told no it would be on band two. Could someone please help are they breaking any laws regarding not paying my correct wage (band three)? Are they with holding my coorect pay ???????? please help:confused:

Comments

• SueC_2
    SueC_2 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Agenda for Change is a whole minefield of its own. Setting aside the huge cost of it, the administration of it is proving a nightmare for the NHS. I'm really not sure what the actual requirements for speed of processing are (and they may even differ role to role, area to area, re-grade to re-grade), but I would imagine your HR Department are aware of them and working within them. Although, perhaps not. If you are getting no joy from speaking to your line manager or HR department, then maybe it would be worth a word with your Union rep.

I am fairly sure that if your Maternity Leave is paid at Band Two, when they do get round to calculating your back pay, this also will include upgrading your Maternity Pay to Grade Three. Not a lot of help to you while you are off on maternity leave I agree, but at least something to look forward to!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure