PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

halogen oven recipe help, whats in yours?

Options

Comments

• vouchersrme
    Options
    I've just got one, made a toad in the hole, I needed to heat up the fat more so bottom a bit puddingy, today made the cauliflower cheese from the Britains best food revival. it was lovely, crispy and crunchy on top and sauce and cauliflower creamy and tasty. I think , like all things it takes time to get used to a new cooker.
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    Morning All,

I wanted to try and cook a rolled shoulder in our halogen table top oven but can't find any information on the net about whether this is possible. It mentions pork balls, sweet and sour pork etc but not cooking the whole thing.

Has anyone cooked one in their oven? if so can you tell me what temperature and for how long per pound you cooked it for?

Many thanks.
  • loveday69
    loveday69 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    I use my halogen as I would a normal cooker. On a large joint just lower the temperature slightly. It's useful if you have the extender ring as it helps to keep the heat flowing rather than cook the top too quick.

HTH
  • moments_of_sanity
    Options
    loveday69 wrote: »
    I use my halogen as I would a normal cooker. On a large joint just lower the temperature slightly. It's useful if you have the extender ring as it helps to keep the heat flowing rather than cook the top too quick.

HTH

Thank you very much for that, I do have an extender ring (although didn't know it was an extender ring until yesterday), so will try cooking it in there. :T
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've tried searching for a link to halogen oven recipes and I can only get links to external sites. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've looked at the A-Z but can't see one there either! TIA
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is this thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=978783&highlight=halogen but I can't remember if there are any actual recipes on it. It might be worth a skim through.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi MKS,

There are some links to recipes in this thread:

halogen oven recipe help, whats in yours?

I'll add your thread to that one later to keep the recipes together.

Pink
  • V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    I bought a halogen oven a couple of days ago as on offer at Aldi.

I am sitting here with a hungry family trying to find a recipe for a 700g joint of sirloin beef, timings, temperature etc, and failing miserably.

Anyone help me straight away?

Thanks.
    :hello:
  • V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    Need to get dinner on now, so I've just put it in on 175 degrees, guessing for around an hour or so?

Any better suggestions?
    :hello:
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    Options
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure