Advise Please,Refused J.S.A.What next.........

Options
gothgirl
gothgirl Posts: 75 Forumite
edited 7 November 2009 at 3:57PM in Employment, jobseeking & training
Basically,Signed on 4th Nov.As have done since 26th Sept.Lost job on 18th Sept.And run on from working tax credit ended on 2nd Nov.Received letter from them today,stating that I receive too much money to qualify,I still work,just 1 hour a day,[in term time only].Took in wage slip in for 98. 94p for the month,for 17 days.Rest of month unpaid half term.My only other income is C.T.C. and benefit.But they have said I have 71.96p a week coming in.How do they work that out?What now?
Thanks,in advance for any help.
To clear up any misunderstanding,Job 1/lost because firm lost tender.
Job 2/still have.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    Your letter should explain how they have reached the figure of £71.96 per week. If not, you need to call them and ask.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • gothgirl
    gothgirl Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    It doesn't and I will.Must admit I'm a bit confused,I realise that I can't claim for my daughter,only for my self.But do they count C.T.C. and C.Benefit?I don't receive maintenance at moment but ex,is due in court soon,If I get [any]back pay,will that count too.Even if it was due when I was on W.T.C.?
    Thanks,again for taking the time to answer.
  • jazabelle
    jazabelle Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Options
    Is there something wrong with your space bar? Your post is really hard to read.
    "There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." - Orison Swett Marden
  • moneysavingexpert79
    Options
    If you are really hard up then go to the CAB and ask for an emergency loan. Otherwise if they tell you you're not entitled to anything then it's probably just as easy to go and get another job.
    Success and failure is determined by effort.
  • hundredk
    hundredk Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jazabelle wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with your space bar? Your post is really hard to read.
    Maybe the auto space after full stop function is not enabled?
  • jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If all your run-ons etc have only just finished, I would imagine the letter is for JSA up to 2/11 (you had too much income with WTC etc) & it needs to be reviewed now all that has stopped?

Cannot imagine they'd've re-assessed you from 2/11 that quickly! Give them a call tomorrow & check if you'll be reassessed automatically or if you need to do anything else.

A
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • Kimitatsu
    Kimitatsu Posts: 3,894 Forumite
    Options
    If you are really hard up then go to the CAB and ask for an emergency loan. Otherwise if they tell you you're not entitled to anything then it's probably just as easy to go and get another job.

Just to clarify the CAB will not give her an emergency loan and it is only if she is in receipt of qualifying benefits (which currently the OP is not) will she be able to make a claim for a crisis loan.

OP you need to ascertain what income they are taking into account.
    Free/impartial debt advice: Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) | National Debtline | Find your local CAB
  • onlyforboards_2
    Options

Does trolling pay? Seems real popular in the unemployment threads.
  • roonaldo
    roonaldo Posts: 3,420 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its 1 space after comma and 2 after full stop FYI.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure