PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

help with cucumber plants

Options
Help!!
This year I ave decided to grow some veggies in the garden,so far I have tomatoes herbs potatoes onions and carrots.I bought a couple of cucumber plants a couple of days ago but don't know what to do with them now!Sorry if I sound dumb!
thanks
ejay

Comments

• broke_mary
    broke_mary Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    hi

well i've been keeping an eye on your thread as i to have got some cucumber plants that FIL gave me and am not sure what to do with them.

all FIL said was put them into a gro bag with my tomato plants and put a cane in and tie the plant to it.

don't know if this is any help but as nobody else has replied it's worth a go.
    1. jan GC £200
    2. 3rd-9th[STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]actual spend £95.00 :eek:
    3. 10th-16th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
    4. 17th-23rd [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
    5. 24th-30th [STRIKE]£50.00[/STRIKE]£35.00
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Depends if you have indoor or outdoor cucs !

See below for outdoor: have a look elsewhere on that site for greenhouse plants.

http://www.vegetable-gardening-club.com/growing_cucumbers.htm
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello gardeners! For early crops, cucumbers need to be in the greenhouse with the tomatoes, etc...at a temp. of 60/70 F. Keep the compost thoroughly moist but never water logged- little and often is the rule. Train the stems up a vertical wire or cane. Pinch out thr growing point when this leader reaches required hight. The tip of each side shoot is pinched out 2 leaves beyond a female flower. Female flowers have a miniature cucumber behind them.Remove all male flowers from ordinary varietys. Feed every 2 weeks with a tomato fertilizer once the first cucumbers have started to swell.
    Outside plants will give a later harvest.
    One summer I grew a cucumber plant around the kitchen window, just for show realy - I did get several long cucumbers from it!!!
    Happy Gardening...
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport