Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe

Unenforceability & Template Letters II - Page 148

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Unenforceability & Template Letters II

edited 27 February 2010 at 3:16AM in Debt-Free Wannabe
2.5K replies 204.5K views

Replies

• never-in-doubtnever-in-doubt
    20.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pepe2008 wrote: »
    Morning NiD,
    I have just saved the letter ( for DoJoJo ) in my Files as 'CCArequestlyingf**kers' I think that covered it:D

[STRIKE]Morning[/STRIKE] afternoon matey :p:p

Want a job? you're handy to have around in my absence lol, you keep things ticking over nicely :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway, just a quick visit from me - back tonight - Be Good! :p:p
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • pepe2008pepe2008 Forumite
    5.2K posts
    [STRIKE]Morning[/STRIKE] afternoon matey :p:p

Want a job? you're handy to have around in my absence lol, you keep things ticking over nicely :rotfl::rotfl:

Anyway, just a quick visit from me - back tonight - Be Good! :p:p

Happy to help NiD. I'm more of the 'spirit' of things rather than the Technical side cos I had enough years at Lloyds Bank dealing with idiots who tried to blame me PERSONALLY for their problems.
    If people contacted me as a human being then I helped.....and I expect that from anyone who I have cause to contact.

If Creditors had done their job right when setting Accounts up....we'd all be ****ed:rotfl:
    :D:D stay wonky :D:D

....one-way ticket to Portugal booked !
  • roadsterroadster Forumite
    152 posts
    I had similar with Barclaycard, they sent me someone elses CCA ( complete Application Form should I say;)). I retained it 'as evidence' and ended up speaking with one of their Senior Data Protection Managers. Needless to say it stopped their antics immediately:D

Hi Pepe

Seems to me HBOS are really digging themselves a hole with me. What happened to Barclaycard with you - did they agree it was unenforceable ?
    A Bank is a place where they lend you an umberella in fair weather and asks for it back when it begins to rain - I hate them all
    5.2K posts
    roadster wrote: »
    Hi Pepe

Seems to me HBOS are really digging themselves a hole with me. What happened to Barclaycard with you - did they agree it was unenforceable ?

What they eventually sent me ( the original Morgan Stanley agreement) was enforceable but we came to an agreement which included them refunding all interest charged since I started my dmp (2 years ) and no enforcement while I am making agreed, interest-free, repayments.....but they know that I could drop them in the cr*p at any time.

5.2K posts
    Hi Pepe

Your next step depends on your attitude towards the debt. Get a guaranteed repayment plan with no enforcement or try for a write-off?

DONT return the wrong CCA, tell them that you are concerned that they should treat Cutomers details so trivially and that you are keeping it safe and that in the meantime they should confirm the existence,or otherwise, of YOUR CCA.

Then ask them for the details of the Information Commissioner should it be neccessary to ask them about what you should do with this other persons Personal Details.

• hey guys
    since i stopped paying the Lloyds card, they have taken a payment from my lloyds current account without asking.

So im taking out all my money out of lloyds and transferring to a new bank account.
    Once i've done this and told them to close the bank account, then Lloyds cannot do anything to touch my new bank account can they?

they are a bunch of thieves
  • Nope that is the best thing to do. I opened a new account before Barclays realised what was happening.
  • roadsterroadster Forumite
    152 posts
    Your next step depends on your attitude towards the debt. Get a guaranteed repayment plan with no enforcement or try for a write-off?

DONT return the wrong CCA, tell them that you are concerned that they should treat Cutomers details so trivially and that you are keeping it safe and that in the meantime they should confirm the existence,or otherwise, of YOUR CCA.

Then ask them for the details of the Information Commissioner should it be neccessary to ask them about what you should do with this other persons Personal Details.

Hi

Got no intention of paying a penny back if it is unenforcable, they have made a awful lot more than I have every borrowed. If it is then I have a bargaining tool (wrong CCA and a lot of very sensitive data from them) to either get it written off or a small token payment for them to go away. But for now I have sent off letter as per NID's earlier post and will sit tight. If the CCA they have sent me in the other persons name is anything to go by I shouldnt have many problems with unenforceability. The hope of them finding a signed credit card agreement on a card that was talken out in 1992 is pretty slim.

Thanks for the info to ask them for the details of the Information Commissioner, didnt think of that one.

:beer:
    A Bank is a place where they lend you an umberella in fair weather and asks for it back when it begins to rain - I hate them all
    20.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi

Got no intention of paying a penny back if it is unenforcable, they have made a awful lot more than I have every borrowed. If it is then I have a bargaining tool (wrong CCA and a lot of very sensitive data from them) to either get it written off or a small token payment for them to go away. But for now I have sent off letter as per NID's earlier post and will sit tight. If the CCA they have sent me in the other persons name is anything to go by I shouldnt have many problems with unenforceability. The hope of them finding a signed credit card agreement on a card that was talken out in 1992 is pretty slim.

Thanks for the info to ask them for the details of the Information Commissioner, didnt think of that one.

:beer:

Hiya

I think you need to add a bit into the standard letter template, in fact do you want me to do you a letter for them or have you already sent the query letter mate>

If you have not sent it then i'll sort you a reply tonight...... :)

Forget the ICO - sorry Pepe - they have no legal powers to do anything and so they are totally a waste of time...... :cool:

Not like the FOS who at least fine the companies £500 per complaint! The ICO can do sweet F.A

20.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bankkiller wrote: »
    hey guys
    since i stopped paying the Lloyds card, they have taken a payment from my lloyds current account without asking.

So im taking out all my money out of lloyds and transferring to a new bank account.
    Once i've done this and told them to close the bank account, then Lloyds cannot do anything to touch my new bank account can they?

they are a bunch of thieves

They are not thieves, it is called RoSo (right to Offset) which means that as you owe X bank money, if you have cash in another account within X bank they can dip in and take it then write and tell you AFTER the event (to stop you emptying it first lol)....

Get a new bank account asap mate and stop using the one you are claiming unenforceability!

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support