mortgage broker - finance advisor

Options
When i brought my first house i used Endsliegh financial services and got free advice and they were really good.

Im moving home now, and i need a financial advisor or a mortgage broker, but ive had a look around the web and their websites put me off contacting them.

Does anyone know a reputable company to go too?

thanks

Comments

• Wutang_2
    Wutang_2 Posts: 2,513 Forumite
    Options
    When i brought my first house i used Endsliegh financial services and got free advice and they were really good.

Im moving home now, and i need a financial advisor or a mortgage broker, but ive had a look around the web and their websites put me off contacting them.

thanks

Don't Endsleigh still do mortgages? (if they did a good job?)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

You didnt get free advice. You got advice that was charged implicitly via commission.

Try your local small firm IFAs. Small firms have the best reputation (as they rely on word of mouth and referrals).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ha, I started with Endsleigh in central London way back when!
    Thier model back then was to flog insurance, usualy with Freinds Provident.

They also were'nt mortgage brokers by any stretch - you just got lucky by default.
  • Berkshiregirl
    Options
    You're really better off going through recommendations from friends and family. I for one could point in one way because he's a friend, but that doesn't make him any good.

Alternatively, I believe Martin points people towards L&C on the main site, you could try them.
  • camper_1982
    Options
    Endsleigh do still offer the free finance advise for placing your mortgage, but i contacted them by email and phone and no one has ever got back to me, so now i think they just cant be bothered.

Are there any online mortgage brokers anyone can recommend?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Endsleigh do still offer the free finance advise for placing your mortgage,

No they dont. They are paid commission and that is factored into the cost of the products you buy. Commission is not free.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure