selling unit link endowment policy

Options
Are there any companies out there that buy unit link endowment policies or is my only option to cash it in with the provider (Winterthur)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Dick_here
    Dick_here Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No. Why would you expect anyone to pay more than the current unit price ?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • turbobob
    turbobob Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    No, there are no companies that will buy a unit linked endowment policy. So you will need to go to the life company if you want to surrender it. There is no reason for anyone to want to pay over the odds for a unit linked policy. Conventional policies have guarantees built into them which is the main reason they can sometimes be sold for more than their surrender value.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    unit linked funds have a daily value. There is no reason for anyone to pay more for the units as if they wanted them they would just go out and buy them at the retail price.

its a bit like having a £10 note and trying to get someone to give you £15 for it.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • navara_2
    Options
    Thanks, just wanted to double check but you confirmed what I thought.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure