We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Rejected by Northern Rock - who can we try?
twisterrosie
Posts: 6 Forumite
Hi
I am buying new house; 300k with a 50% 150k deposit, 41k salary, debts of 10k will be settled on redemption.
Was immediately rejected by NR (through broker); he suggested I access my credit file which I did. Showing a default with t-mobile in April 09 of £125; had loads of problems with them and they did stop contacting me in October last year so I assumed all settled - wrong! Knew nothing about this until I saw my file so have written to them today asking why default notice on when I was never notified. NR have 'intimated' to broker that I also have store card debt - I don't even have a store card! My score is saying 'very good' but repayment as 'very poor' I assume due to the t-mobile default.
Mortgage currently with Abbey, is it worth trying them next?
Any help appreciated!
I am buying new house; 300k with a 50% 150k deposit, 41k salary, debts of 10k will be settled on redemption.
Was immediately rejected by NR (through broker); he suggested I access my credit file which I did. Showing a default with t-mobile in April 09 of £125; had loads of problems with them and they did stop contacting me in October last year so I assumed all settled - wrong! Knew nothing about this until I saw my file so have written to them today asking why default notice on when I was never notified. NR have 'intimated' to broker that I also have store card debt - I don't even have a store card! My score is saying 'very good' but repayment as 'very poor' I assume due to the t-mobile default.
Mortgage currently with Abbey, is it worth trying them next?
Any help appreciated!
0
Comments
-
I've had a similar issue with NR refusing me over a discrepancy between my address on the electoral roll and the official post office address with my credit history atteched - my broker (L&C) said they are being very very picky and only taking on rock solid cast iron new customers. And even minor irregularities in credit histories are being rejected by them,
He recommended Abbey or A&L as better bets for people with lower credit ratings - although I'm still thinking of trying to convince NR to reconsider[FONT="][/FONT]0 -
Sorry you are having problems too - but sort fo glad it's not only me!! Broker going to call NR this pm but as I am a worrier I have very little finger nail left to chew!0
-
i' am in the same situation and my broker is L&C , i will prefer to try for another lender but which one Abbey or natwest.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards