We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
How far do AIPs affect credit rating?
pelethecat
Posts: 34 Forumite
Hoping someone has some knowledge of how getting mortgage agreements in principle might affect my credit rating if I was rejected.
I've been rejected once by Northern Rock - I think this is do with an error on the electoral roll giving the wrong address details. (I posted about this yesterday - sorry no link as I'm a new user). The electoral office have said they have corrected it and it will be published in the new register on 1 December (and I have an email to prove this and will add a note to this effect on my credit reports).
So, Northern Rock have said it's probably worth reapplying with this new information, as it's the best deal for me. But, obviously they can't guarantee I'll be accepted and if they reject me a second time, could this make it very difficult to get anyone else to accept me? i.e. should I risk a second attempt with NR, or will this scupper my credit rating making it impossible to get a decent rate with anyone else?
Everything else on my credit reports is fine - no arrears, no CCJs, credit cards and bank accounts registered etc.
Thanks so much for any light anyone can shed on the mysterious process of credit ratings!
I've been rejected once by Northern Rock - I think this is do with an error on the electoral roll giving the wrong address details. (I posted about this yesterday - sorry no link as I'm a new user). The electoral office have said they have corrected it and it will be published in the new register on 1 December (and I have an email to prove this and will add a note to this effect on my credit reports).
So, Northern Rock have said it's probably worth reapplying with this new information, as it's the best deal for me. But, obviously they can't guarantee I'll be accepted and if they reject me a second time, could this make it very difficult to get anyone else to accept me? i.e. should I risk a second attempt with NR, or will this scupper my credit rating making it impossible to get a decent rate with anyone else?
Everything else on my credit reports is fine - no arrears, no CCJs, credit cards and bank accounts registered etc.
Thanks so much for any light anyone can shed on the mysterious process of credit ratings!
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards