We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Employment contract will never be permanent?
jojitsui
Posts: 403 Forumite
I left a permanent job that I hated for one that I love
The new company I work for do not give out permanent contracts only yearly ones.
How will this affect my chances of a mortgage? (I applied for one whilst in my old job and I was accepted)
My credit rating is excellent and I have very little debt which will be paid off before I re apply.
I have a lodger already lined up would this help?
I am on 25k a year and have the deposit ready.
Any advice/ information would be greatly received
Thanks Jo
The new company I work for do not give out permanent contracts only yearly ones.
How will this affect my chances of a mortgage? (I applied for one whilst in my old job and I was accepted)
My credit rating is excellent and I have very little debt which will be paid off before I re apply.
I have a lodger already lined up would this help?
I am on 25k a year and have the deposit ready.
Any advice/ information would be greatly received
Thanks Jo
Make £10 a day, October 2023 - £105/£310
0
Comments
-
I think if you work for an employer for so long (not sure how long) then you are automatically counted as permanent as far as the law is concerned e.g. for redundancy purposes etc, how mortgage ledners would view this I don't know, how long have you worked for them?
I don't think there are any lenders that will take the income from a lodger into acount."You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "0 -
Lodger income will not be taken into account by most lenders.
The main points here would be how long have you been in this role, and how many times has the contract been renewed?
Then it will depend on the purchase price/property valuation and the mortgage amount along with the other usual criteriaI am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
