We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Mortgages for Sole Traders
derekfortune
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi,
I have been a sole trader since Apr 09 and business is good. We have seen a house we really like but as I do not have 2 years of accounts the mortgage appears to be a problem.
The house is 229,000 and we are looking to put down 23,000 and my wifes salary x4.25% = 175,000.
During the last 7 months I have a turnover of 14,000 which over a 12 month period would = 24,000 which if in full time employment along with my wifes salary would not be a problem.
However as I do not have any accounts so what are my options?
Kind Regards, Derek
I have been a sole trader since Apr 09 and business is good. We have seen a house we really like but as I do not have 2 years of accounts the mortgage appears to be a problem.
The house is 229,000 and we are looking to put down 23,000 and my wifes salary x4.25% = 175,000.
During the last 7 months I have a turnover of 14,000 which over a 12 month period would = 24,000 which if in full time employment along with my wifes salary would not be a problem.
However as I do not have any accounts so what are my options?
Kind Regards, Derek
0
Comments
-
You will only be able to rely on your wife's salary.
Lenders are usually not particularly interested in turnover - net profit is what matters to them. And they want to see a trend.
You've not been trading long enough to get accounts, declare a net profit or show an improving trading trend. You're 2 to 3 years off being able to do this.
So you are going to struggle to get a bigger mortgage at this point in time.0 -
You are a sole trader - but what is it that you do?
What did you do prior to this?I am a Mortgage AdviserYou should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards