PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lots of ryvita uses please

I have lots of sesame ryvita do you have any suggestions.Can i use them up in any cooking?

Comments

• Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Great with laughing cow cheese and sliced banana on.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • Mrembo wrote: »
    I have lots of sesame ryvita do you have any suggestions.Can i use them up in any cooking?

Ah I had this problem once, my ryvitas went soft. Couldnt think of a thing to do with them...Im afraid I shared them between the birds, chickens and dog....;)
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • ubamother
    ubamother Posts: 1,190 Forumite
    if you put them the liquidizer/processor they make a good substitute for dried breadcrumbs if you don't need a pale colour end result. works well for making meatballs - throw a handful or so in with the mince when your mixing it, and they absorb some of the moisture and your meatballs stick together better.
  • SammyD_2
    SammyD_2 Posts: 448 Forumite
    Run them through the food processor (or put in a bag and hit them until they are crumbs) then sprinkle on macaroni cheese as a topping. Use what you need and keep the rest in a bag in the freezer.
  • My favourite ryvtia dish is spread french mustard over then slice tomatoes and grate cheese (in my case low fat cheddar) and grill - yum, yum!!!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Whilst assessing my food supplies this morning, I found a load of rye crispbread (very much like Ryvita, but sold by a Swedish furniture store :D). I remember trying them and finding them completely unpalatable, I'm sure that would be the case no matter what I smother them with, and I don't really want to waste good ingredients on something I can't eat.

As a last resort I am going to crush one up and eat with hot milk - the "Weetabix" test, but as an alternative, does anyone have any recipes for breads / cakes etc they can recommend using this in? I'll give the Weetabix cake a go but wonder if there's anything else I could do with them?

I just hate wasting food!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    There are some Slimming World recipes which use scan bran (which are like cardboard to eat!). Don't know whether you could try those recipes and substitute the rye crispbreads instead.

One of the easiest to try might be "Ferro Roche" type things:

This recipe makes about 18
    5 scan bran
    3 tbsp nutella
    3 tbsp golden syrup

Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits. Stir in nutella and syrup use spoons to mix ( saves hands getting covered and doesnt waste mixture).

Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)

Put in fridge for an hour

Denise
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I find them edible only with Marmite and cream cheese spread liberally on top. The flavour and texture seems to work. I am not sure they would absorb enough liquid to work in a cake but it's worth a try I suppose as long as you don't waste ingredients that cost more than the crispbreads did!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Crush the bu99ers up and use as a crispy topping or coating! I believe them to be made out of the same stuff as thier furniture! horrible things!!!!!!!!! and no - not even liberally spreading with Marmite will induce me to eat one!
  • "Feed the birds 2d a bag ,2d,2d, 2d, a bag2." singing completly out of tune, but if it doesn't go in me or my DDs dogs then the birds get lucky I won't waste anything if I can help it :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure