Supermarkets accepting cheques?

Options
Does anyone know of any supermarkets that still accept cheques with a guarantee card?

It's not payday till the 5th and I need to get some food in! For some reason, came up short this month ... :rolleyes:
I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum
Cos how can you be gloomy, when the sun shines out your bum? :D

Comments

• jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    i know morrisons, tesco, sainsburys and iceland NO longer do. but i know some small shop local to me still do. so it might be that you will have to try a smaller shop. sorry i can't be of any more help.

Or the other thing could you explain to a family memeber/ friend and say write them a cheque for £30 or whatever and they give you the cash. years ago i've done this before with my mum

hope this helps
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Bear in mind that if you write a cheque and it bounces you will have to go through the rigmarole of relaiming all the bank charges!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NO supermarkets accept cheques, i cant even say i know of 1 shop/business that accepts cheques these days
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    lots of smaller business's on iow still accept cheques i have sent off a few lately
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure