Cheap 70th Birthday Present

Options
Does anybody have any ideas for a cheap 70th Birthday present. I am looking to buy for my father-in law. He doesn't have any hobbies or interests and I am really stuck for ideas. Thanks :-)

Comments

• MarsdenCuckoo
    Options
    Some sort of photo gift with members of all the family - various sites on the Net but you need to take and upload a digital photo first. Alternatively, Boots etc. will 'do the honours'.

For my MIL's 80th I did a mock-up of various photo's, which was then printed onto a teddy bear/T-shirt. Appreciate not exactly the 'thing' for a man but there may be some more appropriate item(s).

Alternatively:

* if he enjoys a tipple, maybe a bottle of something he likes or even a glass etched with '70' (of whatever type of drink he likes)?
    * photoframe with 'Happy 70th Birthday' - again with your photo in or one of all the family?
    * photo album i.e. 'red book' with 'this is your life' type entries?

Effort is more important than cost. Just think of whatever cherished memories he may have and try and collate in one place....
    Make the most of everything in life (especially Avon ;))
  • irishgirl62
    irishgirl62 Posts: 1,548 Forumite
    Options
    or a book with entries of his year he was born, music, events etc I did one for a lady who was 100 it went down a storm and planning to do it for my mother next year when she turns 80!
    I am determined to lose weight!:kisses3:
    Weight loss so far 2 stones 6lbs!! :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family