Ulster Museum

Options
13»

Comments

• jenheiffer
    Options
    Where have all the sculptures gone? There seem to be only 3 or 4 on show, hidden away in a poky little corner.
  • seatzie
    seatzie Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    cooki2222 wrote: »
    Pity every picture is more or less the same lol, the ulster museum used to have some lovely art work

have to agree, bloody hell there wasn't much variety was there, our 4 year old said "these pictures aren't very exciting" pretty much sums it up, 3 x 4 rectangle paintings with different colours, what a waste of space the 3 or 4 galleries taken up by it

nice free outing though (still amazed it was free!!!)
    Norn Iron Club Member #64

Wikkity Wikkity Wikkity Lets go racing!
  • ooo000ooo
    ooo000ooo Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    We visited the museum the other sunday for the first time since it opened. I was amazed at how badly it's laid out, we had our <2 yo in his pram and found some bits practically inaccessible, god knows how anyone in a wheel chair would get round. I'm sure we missed half of it as we hadn't a clue where we were most of the time.
  • thriftyminx13
    Options
    I really enjoyed the museum. I think that they are missing a trick putting a donation box. I know it's free but I like to donate - surely it can be used for something. Seems a bit silly not to put a box with a hole in it to collect money for either the museum or local charities.

I liked the sean scully display I just thought it was tooo much and I agree that there should be more diversity of art and sculpture. I think the revamp is great and I heard on the radio this morning that 200,000 have been through the doors since it re-opened in 3.5 months and that they used to get that number in a year.
    MFW 148 - Mortgage £121,000 1Jan11 / Mortgage £120,300 28Jan11 / £119,808 24Feb11 / £119,400 22 April11 / £119,089 29 May11 / £118,500 October11
  • LMac
    LMac Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    200, 000? wow. I think that its great that its free, that you dont *have* to walk through the gift shop to get in/out and that so many age groups are catered for. The wee guide books are good too. Would have liked to see a few more interactive areas though.

If anyone didnt know, you can bring a picnic and eat it there - ask at desk and if its free, theyll let you into the school lunch room.
  • woofwoofwoof
    Options
    I really enjoyed the museum. I think that they are missing a trick putting a donation box. I know it's free but I like to donate - surely it can be used for something. Seems a bit silly not to put a box with a hole in it to collect money for either the museum or local charities.

There is a big donation box - it is behind a big column directly in front of the entrance door.
    :hello:
  • purt
    purt Posts: 4,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I live a mere stone throw from the museum and I haven't been in it since the day it reopened. I might venture back for a second look but must admit to being largely unimpressed when I was last in it.
  • jenheiffer
    Options
    ooo000ooo wrote: »
    I was amazed at how badly it's laid out, I'm sure we missed half of it as we hadn't a clue where we were most of the time.

I agree, it's dreadful. The only improvement is the downstairs cafe and shop areas - and the fact that you're less likely to be told not to touch something by a stern attendant!:)
  • suited-aces
    suited-aces Posts: 1,938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been once since, it's amazing. But only problems is the sean scully love-fest upstairs. Just a series of squares!
    I'm not bad at golf, I just get better value for money when I take more shots!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure