We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

CA Internet Suite only £19.99 at Staples

CA Etrust Internet Suite - only £19.99 at Staples

- comprises the following:

Etrust EZ Anti - Virus - daily updates
Etrust Personal Firewall
Etrust Pest Patrol Anti-Spyware
Etrust Anti-Spam filtering software for email.

I have used the CA applications for several years now without any problems.
This is used along with hardware firewall on router, AdAware, SpyWareBlaster, SpyBot and Microsoft Defender which are all free.

Comments

  • john_kent
    john_kent Posts: 425 Forumite
    Personally , i would pay the extra fiver and get the norton suite.
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    john_kent wrote:
    Personally , i would pay the extra fiver and get the norton suite.
    I'm just the opposite. I've seen so many configuration problems with Norton that I'd pay extra not to have it :)
    I use AVG (pay version) plus Windows Defender (free). However free AVG is fine for most non-commercial needs so the real money-saving tip is "Don't buy anything" :money:
    Can I help?
  • Searcher
    Searcher Posts: 600 Forumite
    rdwarr wrote:
    I'm just the opposite. I've seen so many configuration problems with Norton that I'd pay extra not to have it :)
    I use AVG (pay version) plus Windows Defender (free). However free AVG is fine for most non-commercial needs so the real money-saving tip is "Don't buy anything" :money:

    I have to agree,
    I use the free AVG, Adaware and Spybot Search & Destory and I don't have any problems at all.
    That said though I know plenty of people that like these suites and CA gets some really good reviews and at that price it's a bargain. I'd take it anyday over the resource hungry system stealing monster that is Nortons ;)
  • MadMac_2
    MadMac_2 Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    So do I agree ! Norton takes so much memory, it was quickly removed - lots of people find this also, unless you have an amazingly fast PC with unlimited RAM in it!

    This price looks jolly good for the CA suite - is it the 2006 version?
  • GaryS
    GaryS Posts: 807 Forumite
    Looks like it is the latest version, I paid about £24.00 to renew it in November 2005 as an existing customer, and I thought that was cheap.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.