We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
gravy boat/ jug with lid? must not leak
gothic_girl
Posts: 72 Forumite
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can help. My Nanna is coeliac and so cannot have any wheat or gluten ( like myself just waiting for it to be diagnosed at the hospital).
Thing is she likes traditional food, like a sunday roast but due to the fact my grandad now has dementia they now go to pubs for lunch instead of trying to cook.
We have found a gravy that we can have but when she trys to carry in to the pub it warps the plastic, gets cold and tends to look a bit odd, I am looking for a jug or gravy boat with a lid that cannot leak.
Any thoughts as I think she would love one as a christmas present if i could find such a thing to give a bit of her 'normality' again. She has got such a full plate so I want to make it a bit easier with things.
Hope you lovelies can help :T
thanks
I was wondering if anyone can help. My Nanna is coeliac and so cannot have any wheat or gluten ( like myself just waiting for it to be diagnosed at the hospital).
Thing is she likes traditional food, like a sunday roast but due to the fact my grandad now has dementia they now go to pubs for lunch instead of trying to cook.
We have found a gravy that we can have but when she trys to carry in to the pub it warps the plastic, gets cold and tends to look a bit odd, I am looking for a jug or gravy boat with a lid that cannot leak.
Any thoughts as I think she would love one as a christmas present if i could find such a thing to give a bit of her 'normality' again. She has got such a full plate so I want to make it a bit easier with things.
Hope you lovelies can help :T
thanks
If only closed minds came with closed mouths!
wins so far... online bbq recipe booklet, VIP tix for Sonisphere 2010 (eep still can't believe that one!)
wins so far... online bbq recipe booklet, VIP tix for Sonisphere 2010 (eep still can't believe that one!)
0
Comments
-
Mini vacuum flask? That'd help it keep warm as well. I'm sure you can get smaller ones that would be pocket/handbag sized.
Something like this which holds about 1/3 litre and isn't too tall.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermos-Thermocafe-Stainless-Steel-Flask/dp/B000TAU60U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1256686010&sr=8-4All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.0 -
What about one of those flasks that can be used for a child's packed lunch? Would one of those hold enough? They're quite reasonable in price and would keep the gravy hot long enough to get to the pub for the meal.0
-
Or you can get vacuum jugs like these if it's specifically a jug you want. My nan had one that was spill proof. I don't remember which brand it was, but I guess they're all much the same.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=vacuum+jugs&!!!!!googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=4707141309&ref=pd_sl_2k5wluat6p_e
They're a bit bulkier though, so it depends how discreet you want to be.All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.0 -
I have a Stanley Food Flask. Wide mouthed flask that you can eat whole meals from, so chunky and robust and easy to pour into/out of.
£4 here, http://www.philipmorris.uk.com/prdf.php?pid=4651
£5 here, http://www.barnitts.co.uk/products/details/6922.html
£5.99 on ebay
I got mine from Aldi about that cheaply.0 -
I've known of a lot of people taking thier own gravy granules to pubs for a roast dinner, usually if they are veggie. The pubs often do a veggie option but don't have veggie gravy.
Could she not take just the granules and ask the kitchen to add the water for her?
Otherwise, I second the mini-food flask. They also have the advantage of not getting hot when carrying and poss burning hands.
The Little Vacuum Flask
(can't post link as a new user)
This one from lakeland looks about the right size for a single portion of gravy. Might be able to get something similar cheaper but I always like Lakeland stuff as the quality is usually good.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
