Any Direct Selling with no/minimal joining fee?

Options
Hi, anyone know any companies where I can sell their goods by just showing a brochure and not having to pay a huge joining fee, having a ton of demo products, or get a certain amount of sales each month?
I've done Avon but now I am at home 24/7 with 2 children below pre school age, delivering brochures and hitting targets didn't work. Have also been with FM but had to get x amount of sales to get free postage.
I've found a toy company where I can print the brochure myself with no set up, other child related things would be great.
Have thought about Body Shop etc but I can't get out to do parties.
My life currently revolves around children, toddler and baby groups etc and to be able to leave brochures or leaflets at these would be ideal.
Any ideas welcomed.
many thanks.
:j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

Nov '09 wins: John Smith's Darts Shirt

Comments

• Orenthal
    Options
    Betterware sounds good for you, no upfront costs and all of the catalogues and forms are free :)
  • DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Orenthal wrote: »
    Betterware sounds good for you, no upfront costs and all of the catalogues and forms are free :)

Thanks, but I found it a nightmare to deliver my Avon books with 2 children in tow and B'ware rounds are bigger! I don't have any time in the day without them (not that I want to!) and it's difficult to pop out in the evenings or weekends so I really do need something that fits in with them.
    :j July '08 wins: £20 Foster Grant sunglasses...Lazy Town DVD...NScessity ActivSkins Kids Sun/swim set...Paddington Bear DVD

• jimbobjoe
    Options
    hi i am a utility warehouse rep

some succesfull people do it as well as looking after children.

have you looked at that?
  • Ypaymore
    Ypaymore Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    Options
    jimbobjoe wrote: »
    hi i am a utility warehouse rep

some succesfull people do it as well as looking after children.

have you looked at that?

You forgot to mention the £200 joining fee, the fact that you cant do it until you have done some training,and that to progress/qualify you need to make sales regularly.
  • lilmiss1982
    lilmiss1982 Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You could become a Guardian angel for Mariposa-Angels. That cost nothing you get money through online sales with your code might be worth a look as it will cost you nothing to give it a try. You get business cards and catalogue free and your own personal discount code for your customers.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • Mim_D
    Mim_D Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Have you come across Usborne Books at Home? I also have two children under 3 and it fits in really well for me as I visit toddler groups and places where I can take them with me to sell the books. It's £25 joining fee until the end of October and this gives you a starter kit worth £100 (contains books and stationery to get you started). You need to place an order for £100 within the first 12 weeks but after that you can do as much or little as you like - no targets to meet. I think that summarises it but if you have any more questions just ask.

Oh also, in relation to buying stock, I built mine up gradually and so I do have a good range of stock to sell from however you can sell by using your starter kit books as samples and taking orders from the catalogues / leaflets.
  • DFWJane
    DFWJane Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You could become a Guardian angel for Mariposa-Angels. That cost nothing you get money through online sales with your code might be worth a look as it will cost you nothing to give it a try. You get business cards and catalogue free and your own personal discount code for your customers.

Many thanks for that, I have sent an info request.

This type of thing would be great as I can gradually build up customer awareness - know of any others/

• truly1
    truly1 Posts: 514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Barefoot books also allow you to sell through a catalogue at nurseries, playgroups or anywhere else as well as giving you a website and links to sell through.

The books ar great and it is free to set up, although you can by stock to sell at fairs, etc if you want too.

If you want to join ( it really is free ) you could use my link in the referrers board. xx
    1373/10000
  • Moonbeam
    Moonbeam Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    There is a website called compare extra income. I am on there as a rep for the business I'm with but we have a start-up fee and some minimum requirements for first 3 months, so may not suit you. However there are other ones on there that you can look at. You can also go to the Direct Selling Association website and see what other businesses are registered with them.

hope this helps, and good luck with finding something.
  • jimbobjoe
    Options
    Ypaymore wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the £200 joining fee, the fact that you cant do it until you have done some training,and that to progress/qualify you need to make sales regularly.

You are in part very correct....i didnt mention any of what you said as i was replying to a question asking for ideas....

I did not and will not spam on here just offer advice the same as every other poster.

Why you feel it neccesary to come on and not answer the specific question but instead attack my answer i am not really sure....but each to there own..

As you mention there is a business start up cost as with any business (please remember uw is a business not a job) but i cant think of any business person that would think 199.75 is an expensive start up cost.

Togther with the fact of breaking even within 90 days been a bad thing and also doubling your intial outlay....oh and if you take the business on and decide you dont like it by day 85 send the startup pack back and get a full refund less £50 admin fee.

I could go on and on but to me the business is a no brainer.

Any genuine person looking for info i will gladly supply.

I wouldnt get into a war of words.

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family