We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Credit file - How to rectify 3 x duplicated information for each creditor?

Hi People!

I received my credit reference file and it does not show one of my bills I haven't paid anything towards yet, even though the letter from the creditor said it was applying for a ccj several months ago. I came across the bill last week when I was having a clear out.

Do I put this on my SOA and state that I am not paying anything towards it, or leave it off? If I left it off, would the creditor chase the payment sometime in the future after I file for bankruptcy - can they do that or would it automatically go through with all the others on the petition forms?

Also, my credit reference file shows that some old cards I had which where ccj-ed, have been duplicated on my file. Once has a ccj, another when the company sold the debt (under a different name), and another time when Santander took over GE Money. So for each of them it looks like I own 3 separate debts for each of them, but for different amounts.

Should I ask the credit reference agency to investigate so that only one company appears for each card rather than, 3 companies for each card or leave it and it will sort it self out when I become bankrupt? It just looks like I had all these extra cards and debt that I don't have. CCJ, debt collection agency & Santander. I've been making token payments to the debt collection agencies so why Santander has appeared on my file, I don't no. I was told that I should at least have had 'satistied' against one of them when the debts were moved, (can't remember which one)


Cheers for replies.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.