advice please-opticians

before i start, im not after a diagnosis, im after opinions on what the optician told me as i havent a clue.

i have always only been able to see out of one eye, since i was born. when i was younger, i had contact lenses and patches to try and make the bad eye work, but it didnt help. my good eye has better vision than most people i know's both eyes (if that makes sense!)

so, i havent worn glasses or anything since the age of 5.
i went to the opticians today as i have this problem: ive noticed i cant seem to focus on anything. its hard to explain-i can see near AND far perfectly fine, its not blurred in any way, but i feel like i have to narrow my eyes to focus one one thing (different to being blurred but i cant explain it...if you have ever taken antidepressants its pretty much the same as the side affect on your vision-not blurry..just not right slightly.
anyway, i had my eyes tested today, and he said my good eye was straining, said i was long sighted. i said isnt long sighted when you cant see up close? i can see close perfectly fine, if anything, its more focusing on distance objects (as i said, i can see far and distance fine with no blurring).

anyway, my prescription is this: right eye, distance: sph +0.50
(right eye is the one i can only barely see light out of..he tried the strongest lens he had on itwith no effect)

left eye-distance sph +0.75
cyl -0.25
axis 70
base none

i dont want this thread to get pulled, i just want to know whether my explanation and his explanation and prescription correlate-i dont want to harm the only eye i have that works so please please dont pull this thread!
Fr. Stack: While you were out, I got the keys to your car. And drove it into a big wall. And if you don't like it, tough. I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure