John Lewis - anything to sweeten the price?

Options
I'm about to make a furniture order at John Lewis and wondering if I can boost my purchase in any way. JL is not on cashback sites (well, not that I know of), does not offer discounts...

Is there anything I can do to sweeten the total amount?

Many many thanks in advance

Comments

• daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're on Pigsback
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • BexInLondon
    Options
    When we bought our washing machine instore I asked the salesgirl "Can I have a discount if I pay in cash?". She said "no, sorry". I said "What about if I sign up for a John Lewis Store Card?". She said "no, sorry, we don't do discounts. My OH cringed away while I reconsidered my approach. We went around the corner, waited a bit, and came back and browsed again. A manager-type came over and asked if we needed any help. This time I just said "Don't suppose you could do us a cheeky discount on this one, as it's a bit out of our range?". He replied that we seemed like a nice couple and he was sure he could do something. 15 minutes of chatter later we got £80 off a £350 machine, just for asking (albeit thrice).

Which is a roundabout way of saying: buy instore and be cheeky!
  • JMG4321
    JMG4321 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    If you have a BA Executive account, you can get airmiles by logging into your account first and then clicking through to the John Lewis website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure