PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Philadelphia/Pesto Pasta

Options
Hi,

On the Philadelphia advert on TV there is a recipe for pasta with Philadelphia and pesto. I'm sure it has mushrooms in it too. On their website I can see a recipe but its not the same one.

Can anone remember it? I'm sure on TV it uses Garlic Philadelphia but the one on the site uses the plain variety.:confused:
Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i dont think it matters which variety you use and add whatever you like,make it up as you go along lol

and dont use philly use supermarkets own ,much cheaper ;)
  • sufisu
    sufisu Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    This sounds very similar to a recipe I use for Chicken Pesto Pasta. Chicken breast sliced and sauteed. Add tbspn red pesto, red pepper sliced, mushrooms sliced, dribble of water if required. Simmer until chicken is cooked. Add dollop (sorry can't be more precise than that) of creme fraiche or Philly to the mixture, stir until melted. Serve with pasta twists/penne etc. Lovely!!
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    sufisu wrote:
    This sounds very similar to a recipe I use for Chicken Pesto Pasta. Chicken breast sliced and sauteed. Add tbspn red pesto, red pepper sliced, mushrooms sliced, dribble of water if required. Simmer until chicken is cooked. Add dollop (sorry can't be more precise than that) of creme fraiche or Philly to the mixture, stir until melted. Serve with pasta twists/penne etc. Lovely!!
    :beer:

yum that sounds lush!

welcome to MSE OS :beer: :)
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    sufisu wrote:

oooo, I'm gonna make this tonight without the Chicken - I'm a [STRIKE]vegetable[/STRIKE] vegetarian.

It does sound yummy. In my head pesto & philly dont go together but now I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Welcome sufisu :hello: Please come and post more often if you have lots of delicious recipes :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quackers wrote:
    oooo, I'm gonna make this tonight without the Chicken - I'm a [STRIKE]vegetable[/STRIKE] vegetarian.

It does sound yummy. In my head pesto & philly dont go together but now I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Welcome sufisu :hello: Please come and post more often if you have lots of delicious recipes :D

Thanks for the repiles. We are vegetarian too, I only just found veggie pesto this week, I've been looking for it for ages. I fried a punnet of mushrooms in a little oil, kept the juice in the pan also. Added some sliced baby sweetcorns as the kids will live on them, a tub of garlic philly and about half a jar of green pesto. It was nice, you wouldn't know it had philly in it too be honest, DP had no idea. Next time I might try it with creme fraiche rather than Philly since it is cheaper.
    My two kids (both toddlers) scoffed the lot, I thought the pesto might put them off but they enjoyed it.
  • Rachie_B
    Options
    chell that sounds yummy :)

BTW tesco own soft cheese is 44p and creme fraiche is 62 p (for 200g & 200ml)
    i go through at least 2 of each a week mind you,i use them to make my own creamy kinda sauces ,cheat lol
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Rachie, I'd appreciate any other recipes to use them both with. I feel I make the same meals all the time.

I use creme fraiche in a potato bake, the recipe was from a baby/toddler weaning book but I adapted it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport