PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Microwave cakes?

Options
13»

Comments

• Berks_Saver
    Options
    If anyone ever reads this old thread - anyone know what the weights are?

thanks
    nicojo :)
    This is the eggless recipe that i use. I have one of those silicone cake tins that you can use in the microwave so it comes out like a 'real' cake!

2 & 2/3 cup cake flour,
    1 and 1/3 cup sugar,
    2/3 cup of oil,
    2 tsp bicarb of soda,
    2 level tsp baking powder,
    2 cups cold water,
    1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
    2 tbl lemon juice

Split the mixture in 2 and Microwave for 6 mins. When both are cool, add jam and cream and sandwich together!
  • parmie_1991
    Options
    angeldiva wrote: »
    I got this today about Microwave Cakes...

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 tablespoons cocoa
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons oil
    3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
    a small splash of vanilla extract
    1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
    Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
    The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
    EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?

Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
    I used this recipe but found i had no oil, choc powder or a big mug so instead used 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon choc spread and a kelloggs bowl, then tipped it out. And wow will so be using this quick fix again yum!:T
  • hampshirebabe
    Options
    I'm giving my daughters Gourmet girl cupcake icer to my neice, but we've used the cake mixture that came with it. The refil packs are hard to find, ridiculously expensive for what they are, and dont taste good anyway.
    Has anyone got any recipies for small cakes that can be done in the microwave? I've googled cupcakes but it just comes up with cakes made in cups or mugs.
    I did have a recipe that was eggless, so you could just make one or two, but cant find it anywhere at home or online now.
    I'm after a plain one that can be customized, and a chocolate one. Please can you help.
    Mary
  • ChocClare
    ChocClare Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    Options
    You can use any sponge-type cake recipe in the microwave - the only difference is the time it takes to cook - and that will depend on your microwave, the size of your cake and how many you're cooking at once.

Those cake in a cup recipes start with 30 seconds and then have standing time. However, they're not a bad place to start - you don't need to make them in a mug, after all! You could certainly use that sort of recipe - there's one here.

You can replace eggs with soya flour (1 egg = 1tblsp soya flour + 1 tblsp milk) or vinegar/baking soda etc. There are some recipes here too.
  • rachbc
    rachbc Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    Options
    I'd do a one egg sponge - 1 egg, 2oz flour, sugar and butter - by my reckoning that would make 4 cupcake sized cakes - baked in silicone muffin cases in hte mw for 30-40 secs at a time

can customise to many flavours - lemon, coffee, nuts, choc etc etc
    People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of character.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport