Re-cycling in Oz

Options
Just thought that I'd share this with you lot in the Uk. Here in Adelaide South Australia we re-cycle every plastic bottle & we get 5c for each one. It's a really good incentive & the kids just love taking all the bottles to the re-cycling center. South Australia is the only place in the whole of Australia that does it.

Last time the kids went they got $20 which is something like £8, they are saving it in a plastic container to buy a trampolene :D
Shaz xx
Living & lovin' life 'down under'.
There Comes A Point In Your Life When You Realise Who Matters, And Who Never Did, And Who Always Will. So Don't Worry About People In The Past There's A Reason Why They Didn't Make It Into Your Future............

Comments

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Shaz,

Wish they did that in all the states. Good idea. When I was a kid you could take your glass softdrink bottles in & get 5c. We'd spend them on lollies. :D
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• shazrazmataz
    shazrazmataz Posts: 1,165 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I don't know why they don't do it, you'd think they'd want to save the enviroment & all that :D
    Shaz xx
    Living & lovin' life 'down under'.
    There Comes A Point In Your Life When You Realise Who Matters, And Who Never Did, And Who Always Will. So Don't Worry About People In The Past There's A Reason Why They Didn't Make It Into Your Future............
  • bargainqueen_2
    Options
    lol the only way I let my OH buy another carton of Beer was by taking the last 20 cartons worth of empty bottles to the recyclers ;)Shaz I can't believe I have never come across you before here!
    Three years, six months, three weeks, 13 hours, 48 minutes and 30 seconds. 26011 cigarettes not smoked, saving $11,704.80. Life saved: 12 weeks, 6 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport