We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

work from home???

Options
Hi ,, I have recently broken my tibia and fibula ( right leg ) in a motor cycle accident and now have got a Taylor spatial frame ( traction ) bolted in through the outside of my , I was a self employed roofer and did not have appropriate insurance to cover my loss of earnings, me and my partner have a mortgage to pay and a 3 year old daughter who we are still paying school cost for as she missed out on free schools by a few days - now child tax credits has stopped helping us because only 1 of us is working ( my partner only works part time for Bristol city council as a support worker ) plus all of our other costs. The government say that we not entitled to employment and support allowance and we are not entitled to disability living allowance, my daughter’s school is now considering releasing her because we are accumulating a debt with them. To cut a long story short does anybody know any way that I can earn money from home I am willing to do almost anything within reason like stuffing envelopes.
Thanks Mike

Comments

• vicshippers
    Options
    Unfortunately there are plenty of people in exactly the same boat (especially in Bristol as building work on our local developments just stopped overnight). Is there anything that you can do that some people can't? ie translation, coaching, musical instrument etc? If you can then you can teach maybe?

While I don't have any ideas - I wish you the best.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    There is an area in the forum dedicated to ways of increasing your income:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=145

You may find some useful information there.

Good Luck, hope you find something you can do, sounds like things are really tough for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport