We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Asda bargains

I've just been to asda and they have loads of items at half price.

I bought six pack iced gems at 49p, packet party rings at 29 pence,packet jammie dodgers at 32p,six happy hippos at 49p, good prices for lunchboxes.

There are loads more.

Comments

  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The individual packs of jammy dodgers are also half price aswell as the packed lunch packs of jaffa cakes. I wouldn't normally buy them at full price but got some this week and last as they were reduced.
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    We've just stocked up on lots of goodies too :o

    Haagen Dazs was only £2 a tub.:j

    Walkers crisps were only £1.74 for 26 bags.

    And we got lots of the lunch box snacks too - jammy dodgers, jaffa cakes, mini cadburys fingers.

    Not stuff we usually buy but nice for a treat when its half price :D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • davsidipp
    davsidipp Posts: 11,514 Forumite
    yes asdas are doing really good deals at the moment winalot casserole selection not to my taste but my jack russels love it 6 pack for 2.00 normally 2.79 also quiches half price at 79p they really are trying to beat tesco pity there customer services is notgood
    Before you point fingers,make sure your hands are clean !;)
  • The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Disagree about Asda cs
    My iron died last week - couldn't find a receipt, bought a replacement and was sending the old one to the tip, when I noticed the original box it came in ( don't ask, I tend to keep things like this :D ) clearly had ASDA on the packaging.
    Took it to ASDA, no receipt, no proof of date purchased. cs scanned bar code on box, just got £24 back !! :T
    But, must admit they wouldn't accept any coupons for items I hadn't purchased - either they are tightening up, or I hit unlucky with the checkout woman !!:mad:
  • CharleneUK
    CharleneUK Posts: 3,206
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I received a mailing about baby week this week.

    A really good deal is 6 packs of pampers sensitive for £5! Less than a £1 for a pack.
    "I did then, what I knew then. And when I knew better, I did better"
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.