We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A Job Interview.....Help!

Options
Hi all

Two years' ago when my marriage broke up, I had to leave my job in Human Resources because I suffered with stress and anxiety (not to do with my job I might add!)

The idea was to take a few months' out and spend some time with my eleven year old son who was also having behavioural problems due to the split.

Now two years' on, I feel ready to go back to work! However, my Doctor and I feel that going back into HR in not a good idea, as it is a stressful job anyway.

Five weeks ago, I accepted a position within an Estate Agency. Loved the job but the targets were horrendous and I got stressed out again, so I left.

If I took a part time job, I wouldnt earn enough to cover my household bills and I am not entitled to any benefits because my son doesnt live with me now, he moved back to his Dad's.

I have an interview this afternoon for a Receptionist in a well known Hotel chain. The hours are shift hours and fulltime.

My question is - has anyone ever been for an interview for this kind of position and what questions do they ask? Does anyone work in this role already? If so, is the work stressful?

Any constructive advice/info would be grateful.

Comments

• TEDDYRUKSPIN
    Options
    Now.... what hotel company is it? I suggest you type up the company and the word interview on google. Plenty to go by.

eg. Novotel and interview.

Wikijobs will help also. Great place to start.

The doctor suggestion not to go back to HR is crazy. Many HR departments are not that stressful. Some have brilliant work life balance. Estate agencies are horrendous. Pressure of sales, sales, sales. Just nuts!

Good luck on the receptionist role. Most of the interview will be based on customer service! Something like, what would you do if you had an irrate customer? What have you done to go above and beyond your own role. All typical things.
    Motto: 'If you don't ask, you don't get!!'

Remember to say thank you to people who help you out!

Also, thank you to people who help me out.
  • busterian
    Options
    Teddy

I was a HR Manager that why the Doctor says not to go back to HR.

I figured the interview would be about Customer Service - I have great CS skills (or so I have been told).

Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family