We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Jury Service & Job

Options
This is hypothetical at the moment but...

... I'm contemplating changing job, but also have Jury service coming up. I'm required to give 1 months notice.

If I got this other job, would I be able to give my 1 month notice period 2 weeks before Jury service (i.e. so I'd work 2 weeks, then spend the last 2 weeks doing Jury service)?

And also, how does pay work for Jury service? Is it up to the discretion of the company whether they pay me or not? And if not, I can claim loss of earnings from the court? Is the daily amount they give (£63.12) the amount before tax? This would be a huge salary loss for me over 2 weeks :mad:.

I tried asking my boss but he is clueless!
Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport