We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

I got the job...

Options
milk
milk Posts: 473 Forumite
edited 14 October 2009 at 9:31AM in Employment, jobseeking & training
Hi all as the title suggests I got the cleaning job I was askign for advice about the other week.

A long story though I did turn the job down as I was offered another job (bizzarre nothing for three years two offers in a week!!!) that was closer to home but on reflection the orignal cleaning job offers better secrurity etc. I had a feelign I had made a mistake as soon as I turned the job down so went with my gut and phoned back asking if the job offer was still there and luckily for me (I think and hope) it was.

I start on Monday so tomorrow will be my last visit to my loneparent advisor and I'm really happy.

Thnks to all for the words of encouragment last week now hopefully I'll be able to find a job to use my hard earned degree in but for the moment this will do as my dad says a job is a job and its nearly christmas (apparently).

Comments

• KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    true just use it as a stop gap
    i started a job this week and i felt before i took it i could surely do much better

but in this time period you cant really pick and choose- i am planning to do a degree so that it will give me extra knowledge and look good on degree and see what else is within the company
  • SAVVYSHOPPER
    Options
    well done milk and Kill Bill

xxSS
  • faithcecilia
    Options
    Well done both of you!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate