Sunday 21 May - green for you?

Options
what have you planned for today?

I am going to put my compost bin in its resting place, feed the worms and have some time in the garden, pricking out some seedlings in the greenhouse and weeding.

Plan to turf out a few more bits of unneeded 'stuff' and put on Freecycle

Have my first wash in the machine with Ecover, will see how it comes out

have a good day everyone
Carolbee

Comments

• Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning Green Peeps:T

Well, yesterday was green in that I used some paint that hubby rescued from the bin at work, son now has 3/4 of a HUGE rainbow on his bedroom wall. Am planning on adding a raincloud & a sun, not artistic enough to manage a water butt & solar panels unfortuantely:rotfl: I used an old plastic bottle for the water & paintbrushes (which will go to recycling after I am done with it) & an old plate as my pallette, so apart from a couple of bits of kitchen towel, a very green activity:D

Went to the library, was ultra green as I read the bits I wanted from the book there, and didn't even need to borrow it:D And I found a pair of childrens socks on the way home, which will be recycled to my son!

Today is church (not sure that I can be green about much of that, but I always walk there) then this afternoon hubby is going to work for a couple of hours so Spud & I are going with him for an afternoon outing (he works in a country park) so getting maximum use out of the desiel he will have to use (no other option). Will take our own drinks in re-usable containers:D

Washable nappies on the line drying along with washable wipes & I even wash & re-use the "disposable" liners if he has only made them wet. Neighbours must think I am bonkers:rotfl:Saving washing up until have enough to do a bowl full. Well, thats my excuse;):D

Happy green Sunday guys:T
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Today's 'greenie Queenie goings-on':-

~ reuse empty (6pt) milk containers with chicken food/grit.
    ~ plan design of quilt top with the silk ties I bought from the charity shop yesterday
    ~ clean out hen, all waste to compost bin -
    ~ boys are 'playing' with wooden slats from old bed base that have lay idle for past 4yrs - knew they'd come in useful one day :laugh: Only [strike]3[/strike], [strike]4[/strike], 5 injuries from saw/nails so far this weekend ;) Not sure what they are designing but they are having fun, being creative and not sitting passively on a computer game/tv! -
    ~ all shredded paper/hoover waste, to compost
    ~ apple cores to hen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Might go to car boot sale, when OH gets out of the pit, and buy some second hand stuff. Of course using public transport :)

Asked questions on the wormery forum, hopefully I'll get an answer to it later then I can proceed with buying the wormery :)

raining so no gardening, although the rocket has really come along in the last day or so will be eady to eat beofre I know it.

About to start sprouting some beansprouts in the kitchen to eat for tea this week, saving transport pollution & money there
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • doddsy
    doddsy Posts: 396 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone - can I join in?

Got up early this morning and walked to allotment to plant out my runner beans, tried to do it before the forecasted wet weather came on - but we got soaked! At least we didn't have to water!

Otherwise having a lazy Sunday,as feeling shattered after last week. Unfortunately the 'un green' thing going on in our family is that we have moved our daughter from her local senior school to one 9 miles away, and I am having to drive her there and back every day. I am finding it very tiring as not used to driving, it's really 'grating' on me as well because we try so hard to limit mileage and not use the car.

Queenie - can I ask about your quilting? Please tell more because it sounds intriguing!!

Doddsy
    We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
    – Marian Wright Edelman
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.

Well took DD to a netball match, gave her friend a lift to the same place, friends match was after DDs but offered to stay and bring friend home so friends parent didn't have to use their car. Called for petrol to save going during the week. I need to fill up every 4-6 weeks but this will reduce in September when 3 of my children will go to the same school and we can walk.

Have done two full loads of washing but its pouring down so wet washing on the airer, I wiil not use the tumbledrier.

Ate up some leftover mash for lunch - turned it into mushroom patties, very tasty.

I got a chicken from the farmshop yesterday, so we are having that for tea, with veg from the farm and the organic delivery. It's a bit cold here today but havent put the fire on just an extra jumper.

Children have been playing with some cardboard which was piled up to be recycled. They have played and had fun and it's now piled back up to be recycled.

I've done a big pile of ironing and as the football will be switched one at any second think I'll join my boys and watch it.

Have a good day everyone, whatever the weather.
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport