We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Maternity rights please help

Options
I am on maternity leave and I think my company have messed up a bit so I want to know if it is worth taking legal action...

Started my leave in February 2009...

1. They refused my holiday before my leave started then begrudgingly paid it afterwards...

2. Gave them MAT B1 certificate in November and they didnt give me my formal letter confirming this until AUGUST!!! Should have been 28 days.

3. My new manager told me that I dont get an annual review as I am on maternity leave! I thought this was discrimination? I did tell her that then she tried to back track and offer me one afterwards.

Have I left it all too late or do I have something worth persuing with a solicitor?

I have since handed in my notice on 21st September so my employment will be terminated 1st January 2010. I didnt feel like I could go back after all the rubbish they have done.

Thank you in advance.
Hit the thanks button if it helps!:T
BANANASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comments

• leanneslow
    Options
    Just giving a quick BUMP ;)
    Hit the thanks button if it helps!:T
    BANANASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • Liz_the_Whizz
    Options
    Hi Leanne,

Congrats on the baby, sure that's keeping you busy;).

In all honesty, sounds like your employer was not entirely on the ball, but I would say there's no money in it as their errors were on technicalities rather than on the grounds of discrimination.

Hope your decision to resign isn't rash - while they may not have been perfect, it is often easier to return to work to an existing employer where you have a track record, especially if you are looking for flexible arrangements, part-time etc.

Enjoy your time at home and good luck in the future.
    "Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm" (Sir Winston Churchill)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport