JCP Personal Advisers Interview, Advice Please!

Options
Hi all,

I've got an appointment with one of the Personal Advisers at my local JCP on 26th October and was just wondering what to expect?

I've been claiming JSA since March. However, I have been offered a job working with the DWP as an Admin Assistant but not yet had my start date. Got my congrats letter 26th Aug and CRB check soon after so I'm hoping I'll get mt start date soon :rolleyes:

Do you think they will take this into consideration at my interview? I have to admit I did slow down my job hunting after I got the congrats letter, but having read other threads about the long wait I've started hunting again. I just don't want them to think that I'm a lazy moo etc etc.

Anyway, any advice would be gratefully received :) x
"you can grow flowers from where dirt used to be..."

Comments

• brians_daughter
    Options
    Sorry, cant help directly... but hum, maybe you could contact local agencies re temp work..depending on what your skill level is. Then when you go to JCP you can state youa re looking for temp work and explain why. Take the letter with you stating you have been offered a role...surely they understand the process assuming they have also been through it to get their jobs?

as your role is admin i know where i live the agencies are crying out for admin workers for short contracts, 8 -12 weeks or so. Hopefully you will have a start date by then?

Or try boots etc for xmas staff... again temp but still a job!
  • mberry77
    mberry77 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    sounds like it might be your 6 month review a bit late, if so then this is just a standard thing.

take along your congrats letter but you also MUST demonstrate you are still looking for work, after all you are claiming Job Seekers Allowance. they would still want you to be looking for work whether its temp or perm.

after all it may take ages for you to get a start date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure