Tentative Steps start the road of recovery..

Options
Well, here I am, on the first day of the rest of my life, starting again I suppose you could call it, with a new, fresh vision for a brighter future - something which I thought I had lost a while ago.
I will introduce myself, I'm 24 years old, and run my own online business. I got myself into this mess by spending too much when times were good and over borrowing, then spending it all when times were bad aswell.
I have calculated my total debts at:
£15520
1 x credit card - capital one - £8900 - Current state is sent a CCA request today to DCA Fredericksons.
1 x bank loan - co-op - £5500 - Current state is still with bank but lots of letters.
1 x store card - style financial - £250 - Current state not paid for 3-4 months, but not heard anything from them in past 2 months.
1 x phone bill - vodafone - £870 - I dispute the amount and believe it to be around £400. Tomorrow I intend to contact vodafone/capquest (whom the debt is now with) requesting a full breakdown of the charges/statement

I woke this morning after 6 months - 1 year of burying my head, with it all spiralling, realizing I need to act now.
So far today -
Filled out CCA request, got postal order and sent them off.
Joined dooyoo - what a brilliant site! Aim to make £50 this month.
Opened DFW pot at home - so far added £2.79 of loose change. Will be adding £50 tomorrow - what I would usually spend on weekly shop for myself and OH, and after checking cupboards have plenty of basics to last this week - pasta, super noodles, porridge etc. and enough toilet roll. This pot all goes towards getting me debt free.

I haven't come up with my aims yet, I will do this over the next week, it is difficult self employed to know where you are 1 week from the next, but I will sit down and do an SOA working out exactly what is needed/essential for myself and OH each month, and work on the last 3 months incoming, and go from there. I know (hope) xmas will boost sales over next couple of months, but will be using every extra penny towards clearing debt.

So this is the beginning of my diary, which I will update as often as I feel the need.

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy new diary :)
    Best of Scottish!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure