PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Breadmaker - Panasonic V Morphy Richards

Options
2»

Comments

• mamaoba
    mamaoba Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    I had a morphy richards for 8 years and it worked just fine (an earlier model than the amazon one you refer to tho). made good jam too.

i've had a panasonic for 2 years and have just had to replace the breadpan. It does make superb bread but as it gets such rave reviews I would have expected the parts to last a bit longer iykwim. Just something to bear in mind as the new breadpan cost £25 - as much as a whole new machine from lidls or superdrug would have done. I like it for the special programmes as it allows me to bake wonderful pizzas, buns, wheat free for my sis etc. However it doesn't have a jam programme like lots of them do and I miss that.
  • Thistle-down
    Thistle-down Posts: 914 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    The jam never set properly in my MR. I also wish the Panasonic had a jam setting though.

~Lynn
    :happylove
  • Kazonline
    Kazonline Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    Options
    Yipeeee! Thank you all - I have finally ordered my Panasonic - going to fund it mostly with money from my ebay sales so have eased my MS conscience :D I did start by placing a bid on ebay - and instantly regretted it when I recalled what was said about the cost of a replacement pan. 'Luckily' I was outbid - so I've now ordered it from Amazon. I'm so pleased with my decision, a HUGE thank you to ALL of you for your input.
    Hugs, kisses and Best wishes,
    Kaz x
    Edited to say - nearly 2 months on and I'm still thrilled with my purchase. It's without a doubt the best thing I've bought. My children love the bread it makes, and a fresh loaf makes a lovely gift to say 'thank you' (eg when one of the DS have been to a friends for dinner)
    Meals now stretch much further - and as I fill the loaves with seeds etc I'm happy that I'm bulking them out with good things. Thank you again to EVERYONE who gave their input.
    January '06 Grocery Challenge (4th - 31st) £320.
    Week 1 - £73.99 Week 2 £5.10 (so far :p )
    Someone burst my bubble and I lost the plot so no idea what I spent now... :(I will try to work it out.
    Other Jan :- Petrol £20.41, Clothes £8.50, House £3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure