'Learning a new way to campaign...' blog discussion

This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.

Replies

• I'll raise again the conflict between campaigning which is telling people what to think and journalism which is reporting information for people to make up their own minds what they think.
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Campaigning journalism has a huge longstanding tradition - of course by its nature its polemic - and there are many campaigns I dont agree with. Yet equally it can do a lot of good.

Most of our newspapers come with named bias and a political stance. Our broadcasters have rules to prevent that - yet even there authored piece journalism is common.

As I've noted before to you oakhouse so I won't detail it in full again... My worry isn't sites like this which disclose that we're a site that shows people how to save money and campaigns for financial justice - but those journalists and others who hide their agendas, bias, even their identity sometimes and lie about their aims.

All the best

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • ErrataErrata Forumite
    38.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's generally considered more effective to be inside the tent pi$$ing out , than outside the tent pi$$ing in.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides